A bit about us
How many times in your work do you get to save a life? At Current Health, you get to build and create technology that does this every single day. Current Health helps healthcare teams to monitor and manage patient's in their own home. We shine a light on human health outside of the hospital, delivering unprecedented insight's to healthcare professionals and surfacing those who are at high risk of illness before they deteriorate. Current Health uniquely brings together experts in artificial intelligence, biomedical engineering, electronics and software engineering, product design and clinical operations to deliver a technologically and scientifically complex platform globally.
What does a Data Scientist do here?
We are looking for Data Scientists who are interested in the cross-section between acquisition of physiological signal from the human body and machine learning.
You will work at the intersection between our wearable device and our data platform, Analyse and communicate current performance of algorithms to relevant internal stakeholders. You will create intelligent models to improve real world performance of mathematical based models and time series models to capture new and novel patient deterioration patterns
You will be deeply involved in collating and providing diagnostic information to clinical staff to help them better understand their patients leading to the development of biomarkers for detecting patient disease. You will be expected to assist with the design of human studies to collect data.
You will have the opportunity to work with teams across the whole organisation from Biomedical, Software, Hardware to Sales and Marketing.
- You will have proven experience with a common data science language (ideally python) and a query language
- You will have experience manipulating large and deep data sets (from 100s MB to 100s TB)
- You will have experience with feature extraction and feature selection
- Experience in presenting data driven decisions to non-technical people
- Experience in extracting data from multiple sources such as S3, Hive, Athena, HDFS
- You will have experience with time series modelling
- You will have strong understanding of how to use statistics to evaluate models
- You will have proven experience using both labelled and unlabelled data to build models
- Experience with digital signal processing would be a huge bonus i.e. FFTs, digital filtering, wavelet transforms
- Familiarity with various data science pipelines and lifecycles for iterating models such as unix/liux pipelines would be ideal
- Experience with source control preferably Git would be beneficial
- Familiarity of clinical study protocol design
- Experience with distributed computing i.e. hadoop, spark, hive would be beneficial