Current Health is a global healthcare technology company, focused on predicting illness and delivering earlier intervention so that every human can live a healthier, longer life. In 2020, Current Health has grown 8.500%, partnering with some of the world’s leading healthcare institutions and pharmaceutical organizations and improving health outcomes for patients across the world.
The Clinical Research Lead will plan and execute Current Health’s clinical research activities, beginning with a large national study collecting vital sign data from patients suffering from COVID-19. This individual will be responsible for developing research protocols, managing IRB and grant activities associated with studies, and updating clinicaltrials.gov. This role will also lead the day-to-day management of large and small studies, interacting directly with research associates, collaborating academic investigators, and study subjects themselves. The individual will have strong project planning skills, as well as statistical experience such that they can conduct data analysis. There is an expectation that the individual will develop abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
Because Current Health is an early-stage medical technology company, the successful individual will also work closely with other teams, including product, data science, medical affairs, and account management. This post is an exciting opportunity to work at the intersection of research, technology and public health.
Who you are:
- Education: Masters- or doctoral-level training in biostatistics, public health or epidemiology.
- First-author peer-reviewed scientific abstracts or publications.
- Experience working directly with patients, either as a research associate or investigator.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience developing research protocols and preparing documentation for IRB submission.
- Clinical or physiology experience will be considered a significant advantage, although not an absolute requirement.
- Experience of large, multicentre trials
- Previous work with large datasets
- Coding experience with Python and Python analysis tools (such as Pandas) or R
- Understanding of qualitative or mixed-methods approaches
Current Health has offices in Boston and Edinburgh however many of our team choose to work remotely. Everyone is currently working from home and we anticipate that most employees will choose to work from home until there is a vaccine for COVID.
We actively seek to reflect the community that we serve, and so individuals of all genders, race, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, veteran status, and educational background are strongly encouraged to apply.